Wrongful Entrustment Charges in Ohio and How We Can Help You
Wrongful Entrustment is a serious offense with severe consequences for vehicle owners who allow someone to drive their vehicle while their license is suspended. Let me walk you through the circumstances that can lead to this offense:
- The person operating the vehicle lacks a valid driver’s license, commercial driver’s license (CDL), or driving permit, or they don’t have non-resident driver’s privileges.
- The person’s license has been suspended.
- The individual doesn’t have proof of financial responsibility or auto insurance.
- The person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
If you’re facing a situation like this, seeking legal assistance is crucial. Here at Youngstown Criminal Law Group, our experienced team has handled numerous similar cases and helped clients achieve favorable outcomes.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable Steubenville OH OVI Lawyer if you or a loved one has been charged with wrongful entrustment. Act now to protect your rights and future.
The Cases Where You Will Be Charged With Wrongful Entrustment
Being charged with wrongful entrustment can stem from the circumstances mentioned earlier, as well as other situations. The Ohio Revised Code 4511.203 establishes the boundaries for this offense.
Not only can you face charges of wrongful entrustment for the reasons mentioned above, but you can also be charged if the alleged driver is a blood relative or a family member living in the same household. Ohio law treats wrongful entrustment as a serious offense, alongside license suspension. Penalties for this first-degree offense may include:
- Up to 6 months of imprisonment
- A fine of $1000
- Vehicle immobilization for 30 days for a first offense
- Vehicle immobilization for 60 days for a second offense
- Forfeiture in the case of a third offense
If you find yourself in this situation, seeking the assistance of our Steubenville OH Criminal Lawyer is crucial. You need comprehensive legal guidance to ensure an aggressive defense for your case and the best possible resolution.
Consult Steubenville OH Criminal Lawyer Now
Consult a Steubenville OH Criminal Lawyer Now at the Youngstown Criminal Law Group. With extensive experience handling similar cases and a commitment to obtaining optimal outcomes, our dedicated team is here to help. Our Steubenville OH OVI Lawyer will attentively listen to your case, fighting for the justice you deserve while safeguarding your rights. Schedule a free consultation today by calling (330) 992-3036 or contacting us online.
Get in TouchFill out the contact form or call us at (330) 992-3036
to schedule your free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Available 24/7
- 3 Highly Rated Super Lawyer