Moving Violations in Youngstown
Most of the time, when you are on the road and the police stop you for an alleged violation, you are probably confused. It is because you probably didn’t do it or didn’t realize that it was an offense. And that is why you feel that arguing with the officer will be futile and you pay the fine to get it over with. What you don’t realize is that when you are paying the ticket for something minor or something you have not done, you are pleading guilty.
Most of the moving violations are minor and don’t end in a jail sentence. But when you start accumulating points in your license, the effect can be farfetched. Not only that. Some of the violations can have serious consequences which you might not realize. The following consequences you will have to face:
- Sentence of jail and a criminal record in the case of serious violation
- Expensive fines
- Points in the driver’s license
- Suspension of your driver’s license and CDL
- Hefty car insurance premiums
- Losing job and income capacity
- Civil lawsuit if you caused an accident while violating the rules
That is why no matter how negligible a traffic ticket might seem to you, you need to hire a Youngstown traffic lawyer who can contest your traffic ticket and get the charges dismissed so that you can save your time and money from future harassment. Come to Youngstown Criminal Law Group and let us hear about your case.
Common Types of Moving Violation and Penalties in Ohio
The following are some of the most common moving violations and penalties from which our Ohio traffic lawyer Youngstown traffic lawyer can save you.
- Assured Clear Distance Ahead
- Not Obeying the Traffic Control Device
- Not Stopping for a School Bus
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to physically control the vehicle on the road will also get you point on the license along with fine.
- Taking illegal U turns can also result in minor misdemeanor, a fourth and a third degree misdemeanor, depending on the seriousness.
- Getting 12 or more points on the driver’s license will cause suspension.
Get in TouchFill out the contact form or call us at (330) 992-3036
to schedule your free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Available 24/7
- 3 Highly Rated Super Lawyer